Both recycled and bamboo washroom papers are considered as green products. The term washroom paper is a general term used to describe products like toilet paper, paper hand towels and facial tissues.
One of the biggest advantages of all our T-rolls is that they are 400 sheets, so way bigger than a regular toilet roll. This is not only better for your wallet but also saves loads in packaging, transport and storage! So go big or go home..:)
Our Recycled washroom paper makes use of 100% recycled material in form of paper pulp to produce toilet paper, paper hand towels and facial tissues.
Paper can be recycled up to 6 times and will lose quality with every cycle, we are determined to only use paper that is in the last cycle. We are going to flush in any way so we make sure it has no other possible use any more. And even in the last cycle the fibers are still 100% awesome, soft and strong for the use of wiping!
A great pro for each of our toilet rolls products is that they are 100% eco-friendly, 100% biodegradable and chemical free, and perform as good or even better as usual tissue papers in the market. PROS recycled paper
PROS Bamboo paper
- It doesn’t require or increase the demand for trees to be taken down and decreases the amount of material going to landfill.
- It lessens the amount of materials (especially water) and energy that goes into the whole manufacturing process.
- Producing recycled paper involves between 50 to 70 per cent less energy consumption than making virgin paper, and uses less water.
- In our proces no chemicals are used and its bleach free
- Compared to regular toilet paper, bamboo does not contribute to the problem of deforestation.
- Bamboo is extremely adaptable and resilient as it can grow in typically inhospitable conditions and doesn’t need as many nutrients as other trees or plants.
- The most important thing about bamboo is that it is renewable – it actually regrows after it is harvested – so it does not need replanting
- Bamboo neutralizes carbon dioxide just like trees
With our bamboo washroom paper, consumers have often reviewed how smooth each sheet can be and that they are soft to the touch yet still strong and don't break easily. Recycled washroom paper can be a bit more stiff when held but is also reviewed as very strong and soft.
This is a factor which is influenced by personal preference, but both types of washroom paper are absorbent and hygienic to use. More often than not, bamboo tissue paper is imported from China unlike our recycled tissue paper which is available in EUROPE. Our recycled paper is 100% local and made from European fibers.
So shipping is a big part of the ecological factor of bamboo paper, even though we compensate for all our shipping. Which is Better?
The main factor you may need to consider when thinking of switching to bamboo from recycled toilet paper is to know what your preferences are. Bamboo washroom paper is imported and made from cultured bamboo which makes its cost more expensive than the usual recycled paper. However, we are proud to offer our Panda edition bamboo paper at the same price as our recycled paper.
To those who are more particular about natural softness, they will be pleased with bamboo washroom paper or our 3 layer recycled paper.
But for those who want to be more practical about their choices, good old recycled paper will do.
In the end, personal preferences on quality will determine which washroom paper will be the better choice. So Both are awesome and up to now it will be more up to your personal preferences in terms of which paper is the best
We love both options of course bu(t)t because our European paper is made and sourced locally and the fibers are locally as well is does not involve long shipping (even though we compensate shipping). In March 2021 we will open our own bamboo toilet roll factory in Ghana for the production and manufacturing 100% fair trade Bamboo toilet paper. We will be the first in the world with that certificate, so you can imagine we are very proud!